AVID Systems & After Effects
effects & finalcut pro
effects trish & chris meyer
pro to after effects
Huge External Disks (120+GB)
9+10 AVID codec
X panther maintenance/troubleshooting
Photoshop export to FCP/AVID
between finalcut pro & after effects
Space requirements digital
& techniques from AVID
Troubleshoot windows XP
OS X panther
Using Avid Systems with
How much video fits on DVD,
FCP, AVID drive?
virtual memory win xp
XP AVID codec download
windows xp virtual memory
Reels for Directors, actors, editors, cinematographers etc.
Read these Tips for a Demo Reel that Works (cached)
Watch a sample of a: director's reel, editor's reel, actor's reel
Additional thoughts on reels:
- The first thing will keep them watching and the last thing is what they remember.
- Open with your strongest piece, like Bill says.
- Each clip should be 10-50 sec., which means you'll have to re-edit the piece for the reel and speed the cuts up, so that more happens in the shorter time.
- Most people don't have much black or slates in between pieces, people who watch your reel want to quickly get a "feel" of what you do, they don't care about what it is exactly, why or when it was made etc. (they can read that on your resume)
- Watch as many other people's reels in your field as you can, to get an idea of what's out there and what they will watch before or after your reel.
- It has to be clear what you are wachting and who did the work. Many editor's reels have these clever quick montages on them using footage from celebreties and music video's and promo's. If that editor did'n t actually cut that famous britney or madonna music video it shouldn't be used in his montage. This is especially importand for a director or actor's reel. In other words: DON'T USE ANY FOOTAGE THAT YOU DIDN'T WORK ON!
Pick a service, our service includes :
- final version on mini-DV or beta-SP or DVD (simple menu)
- 2 VHS or DVD copies (for additional copies see duplication)
- streaming file posted for free on our server for 1 month so that you can e-mail people an exclusive link to watch your reel online (additional months $5)
- source can be VHS, mini-DV, beta-SP or 3/4 inch. or DVD
- neatly organised tapes with exact notes of where the piece is that you want from that tape.
- a good idea of the order you want each clip in (talk to professional friends, ask their opinion)
- send us an e-mail with all the title information that you want in the piece.
- bring your latest resume and headshot
supervised reel $300
You sit down with an editor for no longer than 8 hours and make all decisions together.
- same -day turnaround
- great if you are in a hurry and know exactly what you want.
2-4 hours are spend loading & cueing-up tapes
2-4 hours are spend on editing and putting in titles
1-2 hours are spend on soundmix & dump to tape + making dubs
un-supervised reel $150
Give us tapes with exact notes and we'll deliver your reel in a week!
- Great if you don't have the time or money to sit down with an editor
- 1 week turnaround time
- Some decisions will be made for you that you might have done different
- You'll get a one time chance to send an e-mail with notes so that we can fix the most importand issues